TraceBOOST® Tube Tracing Enhancer: an aluminum tube enhancer that conducts heat and improves heat transfer in conventional tube tracing. TraceBoost® Tracing’s aluminum enhancer design conducts more heat from the outer circumference of the tubing into the process, greatly improving heat transfer efficiency. Adding TraceBoost® to an existing, py-performing single tube tracing run will significantly improve performance. Additionally, in applications using more than 1 tube tracing run, adding TraceBoost® Tracing will reduce the quantity of tube tracing runs, which in turn reduces the amount of steam traps and manifold positions – saving money in upfront capital investment and long-term operational costs. CSI’s TraceBoost® delivers the technical and commercial value you’ve come to expect from CSI for over 50 years.
- Extruded Aluminum construction
- Standard 5’ lengths, 100’ per box
- Standard sizes; .75″ – 1.25” pipe, 1.5” – 2.5” pipe, 3” – 5” pipe, 6” and larger pipe
- Increased efficiency by 5-10x, over conventional tube tracing
- Superior thermal performance
- Holds tubing firm to pipe
- Easy to install
- Cost savings over conventional tube tracing
ControTrace® heat tracing solutions: a cost-effective alternative to fully jacketed piping. A bolt-on heating element, ControTrace® heat tracing solutions prevent cross-contamination between the process and the heating medium. The basic configuration of a ControTrace® heat tracing element is a 2-in. by 1-in. rectangle tube formed of SA178 Grade A boiler tubing. One of the 2-in. sides is contoured to closely fit the outside diameter of the pipe or vessel onto which it will be placed. The standard wall thickness is 1/8 in., ensuring ample robustness and pressure-containing capability. These heating elements can be rated for higher pressure steam as well. Individual elements are fabricated to specific lengths. The ends of the tubing are closed (seal welded), and inlet and outlet connections are added to enable heating medium transfer. When multiple elements are required, these are most often joined together in a panel configuration to minimize the number of inlet/outlet connections. ControTrace® is secured to the pipe or vessel with high-strength banding (no welding is required). Before banding, a thin layer of heat transfer compound is spread onto the surface that will be in contact with the pipe or vessel. During operation, the heating medium (typically stay or heating fluid) flows through the heating element and transfers its heat through the heat transfer compound and into the pipe/vessel wall and in to the process. The number of heating elements required depends upon the design objective and the design conditions. Most ControTrace® applications are designed to maintain a process temperature (to keep liquid flowing) or a minimum pipe/vessel wall temperature (to prevent vapor condensation). CSI utilizes finite-difference computer modeling to simulate and predict temperature profiles and heat transfer rates based upon process, ambient, piping, and insulation conditions. The computer model has verb corroborated time and again with empirical field data.
- Robust construction, 2-3x thicker than typical tracing, ASME rated SA-178 Grade A Boiler Tube
- External heating system allows for easy maintenance & no cross-contamination risk
- Conductive heat transfer path from heating medium through wall into the process
- Contoured to fit piping OD
- Panel configuration on large bore piping
- Engineered for predictable heating performance backed with a thermal guarantee
- Uniform heating meets thermal objective; melt out, heat up, maintenance
- Detailed 3D installation drawings
- Less infrastructure over tube tracing, no more than 2 steam circuits per length of pipe
- Cost savings over traditional jacketed piping
ControHeat® jacket is cast from ASTM B179 Grade A 356.2 copper-free aluminum to fit any piping component. CSI maintains a pattern library for over 10,000 components, and new patterns can be made for almost any application. A carbon steel or stainless-steel pressure chamber is embedded in the aluminum casting to contain the heating medium. The casting is not designed to hold pressure, as it only promotes uniform heat transfer around the piping component. A thin layer of heat transfer compound is applied to the inside of the ControHeat® piping jacket to promote even heat transfer between the aluminum jacket and component.
- ControHeat® jacket body is cast from copper-free aluminum (ASTM B179 Grade A 356).
- Pressure containing insert fabricated from carbon steel (ASME rated SA-178 Grade A Boiler Tube). S/S optional.
- ControHeat® jackets are cast to “Fit Like a Glove” for specific process components.
- Pressure and temperature ratings up to 600psig @ 750°F.
- Thousands of ControHeat® patterns already in CSI inventory.
- Digital component scanning available to simplify logistics of creating ControHeat® pattern, when required.
- Optional Accessories Include ControCover Insulation Blankets and Flexible Pre-Insulated Jump-Over Hoses.
- Reduces Long Lead Times
Eliminates long lead time for fabricated jackets and field guess work when using tube tracing.
- Cost Effective
Most economical option when considering total installed lifetime costs and higher cost alternatives.
- Complete Heating
Provides evenly distributed heating across entire component.
- Easy to Install and Maintain
Eliminates the need for special flanges and potential component damage from welding. Quick and easy removal for access to process component compared to alternatives.
- Reduced Operational Risk
Removes possibility of cross contamination (process heating media)